Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for fall. They’re even more perfect stuffed with your favorite buttercream or icing!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cookies are going to be the end of my affinity for skinny jeans. They’re so cute and small tempting me. I tend to indulge, losing track of how many I’m actually eating. I don’t have any self control around desserts. Never had. Never will. I choose to focus on balance. Hence why I was having a green smoothie for dinner. It is what it is.
What these cookies are is what we’re here to talk about. They’re soft and chewy just the way I like my cookies. They’ve got just a hint of pumpkin in them with the added oomph of spice. Pumpkin pie spice, because spice is nice.
We based this recipe on our wildly popular WHISKEY BROWNED BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. The secret to getting those soft and chewy bakery style cookies that own my cookie loving heart is to let the dough chill. Yes I know, there’s no instant gratification but the end result is worth it. Overnight is best.
Plan on making the dough the night before and baking it the following evening. If you absolutely can’t wait (I get it, I want my cookies when I want my cookies), a minimum of 4 hours chill time is needed.
Because I like to sandwich these beautifies between a slathering of homemade BUTTERCREAM I use a small cookie scooper. What? If you’re going to eat dessert, you might as well eat dessert.
I get 12 balls of cookie dough to a sheet pan. I also only bake one pan at a time (back to that no self control). This way I have more dough the following day. We all know how good freshly baked warm cookies are. Amiright?
If you love cookies as much as we do, check out our HOLIDAY COOKIE ROUNDUP POST for all things COOKIE! There are over a dozen cookie recipes to tickle your cookie loving taste buds.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter - melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer add: butter and sugars. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Add: vanilla, and pumpkin. Beat until combined.
- Add: flour, baking soda, cornstarch, pumpkin spice and salt. Beat until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Cover dough and transfer to refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop 12 portions onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment.
- Bake for approximately 10-12minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
- OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop, Small, Stainless Steel
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
- GIR: Get It Right GIRFPM311BLK Premium Silicone Mini Flipper / Turner, Mini - 11 IN, Black
- KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g