Thank you to Mirum for sponsoring this Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili post. All opinions are my own.
What better time to add new flavors to your table than the start of a new year? That’s why Best Meals Happen at Home and Publix have created new recipes for 2018. Today we’re sharing one of those recipes – their Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili. It’s big on flavor and one we think you’re whole family will love. Packed with corn, black beans, spices, tomatoes and of course tender and delicious chicken.
Did I mention that it will only take you about 5 minutes to prep this recipe? That’s the beauty of a slow cooker recipe. It’s pretty much set it and forget it.
Chili is a cold weather favorite. It’s comforting, warm and filling. For me, the best part though is that you can top it with all the things you love. Speaking of, you can find all the ingredients you’ll need for this Best Meals Happen at Home at your local Publix.
Chili Toppings Options
This chili just screamed out for avocado, cilantro and lime wedges for me. Maybe you would like to add sour cream, grated cheese (or even Mexican crema which I love to drizzle over so many things), sliced jalapenos or even tortilla chips or strips (how pretty would blue corn tortilla strips be?)
Another great feature about a slow cooker is that most of them have a keep warm feature. Once your chili is done just set your slow cooker to “keep warm” and then it’s ready to serve when you’re ready to eat.
TIP – A serving idea – Set up a toppings bar. Set out several small bowls of toppings to create a build your own chili bar. Your family and friends will appreciate being able to do their own chili thing.
As if this recipe wasn’t already a good thing, it’s also great for leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch or dinner!
MORE RECIPES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by this slow cooker chili recipe then chances are you may enjoy these other chili recipes:
Want more SLOW COOKER recipes? Check out my SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK
Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili Recipe provided and printed with permission from Publix.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 oz each) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 pkg (1.0 oz each) Ranch dip mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pkg (30 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese
- Chopped cilantro and avocado, optional
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place undrained tomatoes, beans, undrained corn, ranch mix, chili powder and cumin in slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Add chicken and cover with tomato mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Pull chicken into shreds with 2 forks.
- Cut cream cheese into 8 pieces; stir into chili until melted and combined.
- Top each serving with cilantro and avocado, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We would love to see them!