FRESH cranberry sauce is incredibly easy to make and oh so flavorful. This Cinnamon Orange Cranberry Sauce is ready in under 15 minutes and makes a great condiment for your leftover turkey sandwiches.
It’s Thanksgiving prep GO TIME people! If you’re anything like me, you’re busy searching for the perfect recipes for your THANKSGIVING FEAST. While pondering questions like: How am I going to cook my TURKEY? What SIDE dishes are we going to serve? How much oven space do I have for the dozen recipes I want to make? What can I make in advance? I should probably add what drinks to serve to that list as well just for my well being.
I’m hoping I can make your holiday a little less stressful with some holiday recipe inspiration in the form of this FRESH Cinnamon Orange Cranberry Sauce. There’s really no reason to grab a can opener when you have this instead. It’s fresh and flavorful and is ready in 15 minutes. Did I mention it can be a few days in advance? Go ahead and scratch one thing off your check list!
How Do You Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce?
It is really as simple as placing the ingredients into a sauce pan. Stir and cook until the cranberries start to pop. Approximately 8-10 minutes.
How Do You Sweeten Homemade Cranberry Sauce ?
Cranberry Sauce can be sweetened by adding sweeteners like: sugar, maple syrup, and honey.
How Long Does Homemade Cranberry Sauce Last?
Refrigerate homemade cranberry sauce, in an airtight container, within two hours of cooking. Properly stored, homemade cranberry sauce can stay in the refrigerator on average a week. Homemade cranberry sauce can also be frozen.
Want a few more options to get lost in that sauce? Try:
CINNAMON APPLE CRANBERRY SAUCE
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries - rinsed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (approximately 1 large orange)
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Into a large sauce pan add: cranberries, sugar, water, orange zest, orange juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Add cinnamon stick.
- Heat over medium heat until cranberries start to burst.
- Reduce heat to low and continue simmering until cranberries have softened and sauce begins to thicken. Stirring as necessary.
- Remove pan from heat. Allow cranberry sauce to cool completely prior to serving. Remove and discard cinnamon stick prior to serving.
Cranberry sauce can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
If you prefer your cranberry sauce smooth, continue cooking until mixture is smooth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Weck 741 .25 Liter Mold Jars - 6 In A Set, With Lids, 6 Rings & 12 Clamps
Le Creuset of America Toughened NonStick Saucepan with Lid, 4 quart
Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
Microplane Zester Grater made in USA stainless steel blade for zesting citrus and grating cheese - plastic handle - black
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES TO TRY:
If you’re feeling inspired by my cranberry sauce recipe, you’ll love these other sides:
- Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Sauce
- Boozy Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Onions
We would love to see them!