This post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
One Pan Skillet Chicken Thighs with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and White Beans are an easy (gluten free) comfort meal that’s on the table in less than 45 minutes.
In case you haven’t noticed, winter is here. For a lot of us that means staying in and doing our best to keep cozy. Because baby it’s cold outside. Break out the fuzzy socks/slippers and make those cozy nights all the more?comforting with good hearty eats that. Stick to your ribs kind of food as my Mom would have called it. Full belly = happy heart. Isn’t that the way the saying goes?
Are you ready to get comfortable with comfort cooking? Especially comfort cooking that only involves one pan?
Did you know that when you shop at Publix you can find an array of Unilever ingredients that are the staple to many comforting one-pot meals? Recipes like Foil-Pack Chicken & Broccoli Dinner, Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili and this Skillet Chicken Thighs with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and White Beans.
All these recipes require little fuss, minimal clean-up, and can be cooked up in one delectable dish. Can I get a high five?
Where Do The Best Meals Happen?
Even though the best meals happen at home, they start at Publix, which is great because right now you can save on Unilever ingredients with a few special offers. So, get shopping, find recipes your family will love (might I suggest starting with this one) and settle in for night of food and fun as you!
Find these (6) offers in store at your local Publix right now:
- 2 FOR $4 – Prego® Italian, Meat or Alfredo Sauce (14.5–24 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free – Near East (4.3–10 oz. box)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free – Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes (6 – 28 oz.)
- 10 FOR $10 Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (10 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Hellmann’s Mayonnaise (15-20 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Kraft Salad Dressing 914 – 26 oz.)
How to get Crispy Chicken Skin?
To get coveted crispy chicken skin is quite simple. When you’re cooking the chicken leave it alone. Yes, avoid the temptation to flip it too early. The chicken will easily release from the skillet when it’s ready to flip. If you have to force it, it’s not ready.
Then we’ll add more seasoning, the fire roasted tomatoes and white (Cannelli) beans to the skillet. Return the chicken to the one pan party and tuck it into the oven to finish working it’s one pan magic.
Be sure to visit the Best Meals Happen at Home Facebook Page for additional recipe inspiration and to learn about exclusive product offers.
Recipe provided by Publix. Printed with Permission.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter - divided
- 4 - 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 ½ lb.)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Italian herb seasoning - divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt - divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Muir Glen™ organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat 2-3 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and season with 1 teaspoon of Italian herb seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Place chicken skin side down in skillet. Cook without moving 4 to 5 minutes, until skin is golden brown and chicken releases easily from surface.
- Turn chicken over and cook additional 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn off heat; remove chicken from skillet to plate.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- In small bowl, add beans. Lightly mash with fork. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, tomatoes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix to combine.
- Add tomato and bean mixture to skillet.
- Place chicken thighs, skin side up, on top of tomato and bean mixture, and transfer to oven.
- Roast 30 minutes OR until bubbly and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F).
- Top with rosemary, if desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.