Spicy Keto Skillet Chicken with Pan Sauce. An easy, one pan, gluten free weeknight dinner that’s fast and flavorful. Serve on top of cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
Our chicken recipes have been going crazy lately. Especially our KETO chicken recipes. Keto Chicken Thighs with Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce was a winner winner creamy chicken with sauce dinner.
Chicken is a protein that’s affordable and delicious. I find myself cooking it often. I’m betting a lot of us do. No one wants the chicken burnout though. Have you been there? I certainly have and it’s not fun. Cooking the same recipes over and over.
We need variety in recipes. And in life but that’s another conversation. I think you’re going to love this Spicy Keto Skillet Chicken with Pan Sauce. A one pan keto friendly, gluten free weeknight wonder meal that comes together in about 30 minutes.
How to Make Spicy Chicken with Pan Sauce :
Start by placing chicken into a bowl and adding the spices and oil. We’re creating a wet rub. Rub the chicken down like it was getting a Swedish massage. Making sure that the chicken is well coated.
TIP: If you don’t want your chicken as spicy use less chili powder. If you like more kick in your dishes, crank it up.
How To Know When To Flip Chicken?
Place the chicken into your preheated skillet with oil. You’ll know when the chicken is ready to flip when it naturally unsticks from the skillet. If you try to move it and it’s still sticking, it means that the chicken isn’t finished browning. Don’t try and force it. If you do, the meat will stick to skillet and tear.
Be patient. Take your cues from the meat.
How to Test Chicken For Doneness?
The easiest way to check your chicken is to use an instant read thermometer. If the thermometer reads between 160° and 165°, it’s done.
How to Make Pan Sauce :
A few minutes prior to the chicken being completely done it’s time to create that glorious pan sauce. We use our HOMEMADE CHICKEN STOCK and butter.
Start by adding 1 cup of the chicken stock. The liquid will bubble and mix together with the seasonings on the pan and chicken. Add butter and continue cooking until it starts to thicken. Adding additional stock if necessary.
Check sauce for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
Should You Let Chicken Rest Before Slicing?
YES. Once chicken has hit 165 degrees, remove it from the heat and let it rest for for few minutes prior to slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute themselves.
Want even more KETO friendly chicken recipes? TRY :
KETO AVOCADO STUFFED CHICKEN
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- green onion sliced thinly to garnish - optional
- Place chicken into medium bowl.
- Add: 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Toss chicken until well coated.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place chicken breasts into skillet. Cook 10-12 minutes turning as necessary until juices run clear OR when an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking add 1 cup chicken stock and butter. Continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of stock as necessary.
- Check sauce for seasoning, add salt if necessary.
- Allow chicken to rest for a few minutes prior to serving/slicing.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions if desired.
Try not to overcook chicken breasts, as the meat can become stringy and dry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
OXO Good Grips Chef's Precision Digital Leave-In Thermometer, Stainless Steel