Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings are a great appetizer. Made in about 30 minutes in an air fryer, they’re perfectly crispy without deep frying. Toss with sauce of choice and serve with carrot and/or celery sticks plus dipping sauce of choice.
Anyone a wings fan? I absolutely love wings. I tend to eat more wings this time of year. Why this time of year? It’s March and I live in North Carolina. March Madness y’all, it’s a real thing. Wings and sports go together, so does bourbon, so I’m not mad about it.
Up until I bought my air fryer I used to bake chicken wings OR I’d deep fry them in a large French oven. Baking was less messy than frying but we all know crispy wings are where it’s at. Since trying them in my air fryer I’m not sure I’ll ever make them another way. They’re crispy and juicy and are what wing dreams are made of.
Tips for making CRISPY wings:
1. Spray air fryer basket with a cooking spray prior to frying. I use an olive oil spray.
2. Take wings out of the refrigerator a few minutes prior to “frying”. Give them a minute to adjust to the temperature change.
3. Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
4. Don’t crowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
What are WHOLE Chicken Wings?
A whole chicken wing consists of : the drumette, the flat, and the tip. I use kitchen shears to remove the tip. You can either discard the tip or save it for making CHICKEN STOCK.
I like to keep things easy and FRY the chicken wings whole. They’re typically less expensive to purchase whole. If you prefer, you could cut the wings into two separate pieces.
Use tongs to flip the wings as they won’t pierce the skin like a fork would. Flipping wings half way through cooking. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your wings so check them for doneness and crispness towards the end of the cooking process.
To sauce or not to sauce? For me, the answer is always sauce it up baby. Bourbon bbq sauce is what I’ve put on the wings here. Simply toss chicken wings with your sauce of choice in the amount of choice then top with optional minced chives.
Don’t for the carrot and/or celery sticks.
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make ANY of our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram —> #HeyBellalimento
- 1 - 2 pounds chicken wings - tips removed.
- kosher salt/black pepper
- olive oil spray
- sauce of choice - optional
- chives - minced to garnish - optional
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray basket of air fryer with olive oil spray.
- Place chicken wings into basket of air fryer. As many as will fit without overcrowding the basket.
- Set air-fryer to 360 degrees for 20 minutes. Flipping chicken half way through.
- Increase temperature to 400 degrees and cook additional 5-10 minutes until they're to your desired crispness.
- If using sauce, transfer wings to a bowl and toss with desired amount of sauce.
- Garnish with optional minced chives.
- Remove and discard tips using kitchen shears (or save to make stock at a later time) prior to cooking.
- To re-heat cooked wings, set air fryer to 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Power Air Fryer XL AF-530-5.3 5.3 QT Deluxe, Black
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
- KitchenAid KC351OHOBA Multi-Purpose Scissors Stainless Steel Kitchen Shears with Blade Cover and Soft Grip Handles, Black
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.