Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork. Seasoned pork butt that’s pressure cooked until it’s tangy, tender and delicious. We’re also sharing 10 ways to enjoy the pulled pork as well.
I realize that lately I’ve been on an AIR FRYER bender but I haven’t forgotten about my INSTANT POT. She’s perfect when I want to take a large piece of meat and cook it until it’s so tender you barely have to put in any effort to shred it. Or pull it in this instance. As a Southerner I LOVE bbq. There are STRONG opinions about bbq and this one is just mine.
Despite living in North Carolina where the preference is a vinegar based sauce, I am originally from Georgia and am team tomato based sauce. I will also dive into a mustard based sauce.
The beauty is you can use whatever sauce YOU like. Everyone wins.
The recipe starts with pork butt or Boston butt. Cut into 4 equal portions. It’s seasoned with spices and into the party bowl it goes. Pop the top on a can of soda and pour some sugar on her. I’ve made the pulled pork using cola, diet cola and one time Dr. Pepper. It turned out equally delicious all times.
Once the pork has pressure cooked it’s moved to a large bowl (or roasting pan) and with two forks you’ll pull it (hence the name) until it’s a shredded consistency. Mix it with your favorite bbq sauce and enjoy.
10 Ways to Eat BBQ Pulled Pork:
BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders with Coleslaw
Stuffed BBQ Pulled Pork Sweet Potatoes
Pulled Pork Pizza
BBQ Pulled Pork Taquitos
Breakfast Hash with Pulled Pork
Lettuce Wraps with BBQ Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork over Rice
Quesadillas with Pulled Pork
Nachos with BBQ Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork Tacos with Avocado
Want more INSTANT POT recipes? TRY …
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #HeyBellalimento
- 1, 4-5 pound pork butt
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can soda (cola or diet cola)
- 1/2 - 1 cup barbecue sauce of choice
- Cut pork into 4 sections.
- Mix together: salt, sugar, chili powder, chili flakes and garlic powder.
- Rub mixture over pork quarters.
- Place pork into instant pot bowl.
- Pour soda over pork.
- Secure lid and make sure vent is closed.
- Set Instant Pot to manual for 50 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to release naturally.
- Carefully transfer pork section to a large bowl.
- Using 2 forks pull meat apart.
- Add desired amount of bbq sauce. Mix until combined.
- You can add some of the cooking liquid to to pork for addition flavor. Discard the remainder of liquid.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.