This Braised Beef Brisket post is sponsored by Mirum. All opinions are my own.
If you’re looking for a quick and EASY dinner option, we’ve got you covered with this Beer Braised Beef Brisket (try saying that 10 times fast). It takes about 15 minutes of prep and then the whole shebang is popped into the oven to braise for about 3 hours until it’s fork tender. It comes out smelling like a dream and it couldn’t be more delicious.
You’ll want to considering adding a side of (cauliflower) gnocchi or mashed and/or roasted potatoes to help sop up the stout based sauce. It’s seriously sensational.
A lot of people tend to think that quick and easy-to-make dinner recipes have to be boring and taste bland. I’m here to tell you that, that is definitely does not have to be the case. With a little planning, you can make easy meals that are bursting with flavor. Like this beer braised beef brisket.
Plus other recipes like: Barbecued Shrimp Kabobs, Slow Cooker Picadillo , Skillet Chicken Thighs with Fire Roasted Tomatoes or how about a Chicken Enchilada Skillet? You can cook up dishes like those that will make your family THINK you spent hours working away in the kitchen. You don’t have to tell them how little time you actually spent unless you want to. We won’t tell.
Want to know how you do that? With a little help from Publix, that’s how. Yes, the best meals do happen at home, but they start at Publix. Where you can find all the ingredients you need for all of these easy-to-make meal-time solutions. One stop shopping. How’s that for convenient?
But let’s not stop there. Oh no. You can even SAVE a little money on many ingredients with a few special offers, too.
Who doesn’t love to save money, amiright? You can currently find these (6) offers at your nearest Publix location: 2 FOR $4 Frontera Cooking Sauce, Assorted Varieties (8 oz.) Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Hellmann’s Mayonnaise or Maille Mustard (7.3 – 11.5 oz.) 2 for $6 – Prego Pasta Sauce (45 oz.)
2 For $5 Lay’s Potato Chips (5 – 8 oz.) Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper or Tune Helper (5.4 – 7 oz. box) Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Simply Heinz Tomato Ketchup (20 oz.)
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #bellalimento
Braised Beef Brisket
Beer Braised Beef Brisket
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless beef brisket, rolled, if desired
- 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 2 stalks celery - sliced
- 2 carrots - sliced
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) dark-style or stout beer
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Maille® Old Style Mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven or oven-proof deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper. Add brisket to dutch oven and brown beef on all sides.
- Remove beef from Dutch oven and set aside.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in same Dutch oven and cook onion, celery and carrots over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar and beer and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Combine Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise with Maille® Old Style Mustard; rub onto beef.
- Place beef on vegetables in Dutch oven.
- Bake covered until beef is very easily pierced with a fork, about 3 hours.
- Remove beef and let stand before slicing, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, cauliflower gnocchi and roasted vegetables.
- To thicken sauce, add a slurry of cornstarch and cook until thickened to desired consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This brisket looks so good, I can’t wait to make it!
Awesome! Let us know what y’all think Angie.
Sara Welch says
What a juicy and tender looking cut of beef! This will make a nice, hearty dinner for my family; excited to give it a try!
So great to hear that Sara!
This looks so unbelievably good! I can’t wait to make this for my husband…he’s going to die!
Yes! Hope y’all love it Steph.
Such great flavor! A perfect weeknight dinner option!
We think so too Taylor! Hope you give it a go.
This braised brisket looks so tempting and juicy! I’m thinking of making it on Sunday!
It’s the perfect Sunday Meal!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
This needs to be added to our weeknight dinner rotation!
Thanks Erin! Hope y’all enjoy.
Can it be made with a lite beer or does it have to be dark stout? Sounds really delish can’t wait to try it.
Hi Teresa, I haven’t tried it with anything but stout but if you do try with a different beer let us know your results.
Jo Haes says
Is mailed style mustard have a special taste or could you substitute?
Maille is a brand of mustard.
We can only eat beef a couple if times a month. So the delish dish is definitely going on the kist for this month.
So glad to hear that Nancy. Hope y’all enjoy it as much as we do.
Looks SO good! Cauliflower Gnocchi sounds wonderful, too. Do you have a recipe?
Thank you Annie. No recipe, I purchased the cauliflower gnocchi frozen and just cook with a little butter or bacon grease until crispy.
This sounds and looks amazing but I was wondering if there is a substitute for the beer?
Hi Dianne – I haven’t tried this recipe with anything but the stout myself. A few things you MAY CONSIDER TRYING are: beef broth, chicken broth, mushroom stock, apple juice, apple cider, root beer, or coke instead of dark beer. Hope that helps.
Susan Fox says
Where do I get Cauliflower Gnocchi?