Because as much as I love a good sandwich, we need options for all the Thanksgiving leftovers. One option comes in the form of this bodacious BBQ turkey pizza!
I hope you all had a fantastic THANKSGIVING. Chances are if you cooked up a feast you have an abundance of LEFTOVERS. I happen to be a big fan of leftovers. Yes, I’m that girl, I love the challenge of taking them and transforming them into something new and exciting. If I didn’t have an aversion to tv I would have already applied to be on CHOPPED.
It gets my creative juices flowing. Plus if we’re being completely honest I can’t stand wasting food. It bugs me to have any food go to waste. Bonus, with all that money I save not wasting food, I can can buy boots (insert your weakness here for your savings).
HOW TO MAKE LEFTOVER BBQ TURKEY PIZZA
Start by making PIZZA DOUGH in the morning if possible so it’s ready to roll when you are.
(The following contains affiliate links. I earn from qualifying purchases).
- When you’re ready to bake, grab leftover turkey and shred it, or if you’re into chopping just give it a rough chop.
- Toss turkey with a little bbq sauce – just enough to coat.
- ROLL out the pizza dough. I like mine on the thin side but you do you.
- Slather a little more of your favorite BBQ sauce onto dough. PSST, I have a great bbq sauce recipe in my COOKBOOK.
- Evenly distribute turkey on top of dough.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over pizza. Don’t be shy.
- Pop pizza into the oven onto a PIZZA STONE. About 8-10 minutes later you’ll be enjoying a totally transformed turkey.
TIP: You can also make this bbq pizza with leftover ROASTED CHICKEN as well.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU MAKE WITH LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY?
These are a few of my favorite things to make with leftover Thanksgiving turkey:
- TURKEY POT PIE
- TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
- STOCK – YES, don’t waste those bones turn them into stock.
- TURKEY FRIED RICE
- QUESADILLAS with TURKEY and BLACK BEANS
- TURKEY ENCHILADAS
MORE PIZZA RECIPES TO TRY:
If you’re feeling inspired by my bbq turkey pizza recipe, you’ll love these other pizza recipes:
- HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH
- BURRATA CARAMELIZED ONION & PROSCIUTTO PIZZA
- PROSCIUTTO ARUGULA & FRIED EGG PIZZA
- With pizza stone in middle rack in oven, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough to desired thickness/thinness.
- In a medium sized bowl add: turkey and bbq sauce. Mix until turkey is coated with sauce. Spread turkey mixture onto dough. Top with cheese.
- Using a pizza peel lightly coated with cornmeal, place pizza onto pizza stone and transfer to preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes until dough is golden and cheese is melted.
- Top with optional parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Rolling Pin
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
OXO 26681 09491001299 Good Grips 4-Inch Pizza Wheel, Stainless Steel
Pizza Stone for Best Crispy Crust Pizza, Only Stoneware with Thermarite (Engineered Tuff Cordierite). Durable, Certified Safe, for Ovens & Grills. 14 Round 5/8 Thick, Bonus Recipe Ebook & Free Scraper
We would love to see them!