Homemade Irish Cream. This post is intended for those 21+ years of age. Please enjoy responsibly.
If this keeps up around here I might have to change the name of the blog to boozy bell’alimento. Has a nice ring to it though. We’ve made LIMONCELLO, AMARETTO, bootleg KAHLUA and now onto bootleg Irish Cream.
It was only natural since St. Patrick’s Day is this weekend. Everyone is Irish this weekend so why not and to be honest I’m not really a corned beef and cabbage kind of girl so homemade Bailey’s Irish cream it was.
I am amassing quite the collection of Weck jars (ehem Weck has no clue who I am nor do they have my address to have mailed me said jars, I just happen to LOVE them) and don’t plan to slow down until I have no more available cabinet space. Their JUICE JARS are perfect for storing your boozy beverages in and of course for juice as well which they occasionally have in them.
Mason jars would work just as nicely and make excellent sweet tea glasses when they’re not filled with bootleg beverages. We’re all about multi-purpose people.
This homemade Irish cream comes together in just minutes. Dangerous I know. You can drink it immediately if you’re incredibly impatient (not that I know anything about that) but it does get better the longer it sits in the fridge.
Homemade Irish Cream
Homemade Irish Cream.
- 3 ounces milk chocolate - chopped
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 1/4 cups Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan over medium - low heat melt the chocolate until smooth. Stirring as necessary with a wooden spoon. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk until smooth.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the cream until warm (do not boil). Whisk in espresso powder. Gradually add cream to chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in whiskey and vanilla extract. Let cool slightly and then pour into glass jars.
- Serve chilled over ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Miss @Miss in the Kitchen says
I love the Weck Jars too and homemade Irish Cream must be the best thing ever! Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you!
Ali | Gimme Some Oven says
Yes, yes, YES!!! Wish we would have that this version tonight instead of Bailey’s. Sounds fab!
This looks amazing, can’t wait t o try the recipe!
Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says
Have you ever thought of opening up your own bar?! 🙂 I love all your homemade concoctions!
I adore homemade Irish cream. Yum.