Go ahead and get a pencil and paper ready to jot down this ingredient list because you are going to want to make this. I’ve made no less than a dozen of these cheesecakes since December. It probably has a lot to do with why I’m on the treadmill everyday but we’re not going to talk about that. Next to Tiramisu, cheesecake reigns supreme on my dessert list. I just can’t turn a slice down and I’ve tried. While I like all kinds of cheesecake, ricotta cheesecake wins the gold every single time in the cheesecake Olympics. Yes I’m having Olympic withdrawals and I also now believe I can snowboard. If you knew how insanely clumsy I am you’d laugh at the thought.
Our cheesecake is light, fluffy and airy. Why? It’s steamed using our Commercial Style KitchenAid Range’s Steam Assist Technology. Now that I think about it, I should have called this Steamy Cheesecake. Whatever you call it you’re going to want a slice, or two if you’re like me. It’s made using the most subtle of crusts, tiny pieces of crushed Amaretti cookies which give it that little something something that will have you guessing what it is.
Cheesecake takes time so you’ll need to plan on making one. There’s no last minute gee I’d like a cheesecake right now thing happening unless you head to your favorite restaurant but I promise the wait will be worth it.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- 30 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lemon - zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Butter a 10” springform pan. Add crushed amaretti to coat. Tap off excess. Set aside.
- Into KitchenAid® stand mixer add: ricotta, cream cheese, and sugar. Using the flat beater attachment, mix until well combined and creamy in consistency. Add flour and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add: eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and then pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
- On your KitchenAid® Range press: (if you do not have a KitchenAid® range, follow your manufacturer’s instructions)
- STEAM COOK
- AUTO STEAM
- 275 degrees
- change time to 1:15
- PLACE FOOD IN OVEN
- Remove cheesecake from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Optional: top with fresh fruit or pie filling of choice prior to serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hiware 10 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan with Removable Bottom/Leakproof Cheesecake Pan Bakeware with Cleaning Cloth
- KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- USA Pan 1604CR Quarter Sheet Baking Bakeable Nonstick Cooling Rack, Metal
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g