Dark, rich and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies are a cross between a gingerbread cookie and a molasses cookie. It’s the holidays wrapped up in soft bite.
I’m kinda of a cookie fiend. I can never ever eat just one, trust me I’ve tried. In fact I keep trying just to prove myself wrong. I am winning on this bet even though I’m losing. Know what I mean?
I prefer soft chewy cookies. I’m not really a crispy cookie kinda girl. Not that I would turn that one down mind you, I’d just have to dunk it in coffee or what not because I’m resourceful like that. These are melt in your melt good cookies that remind me of gingerbread just better.
I was putting together a round up of all the COOKIE RECIPES from our little corner of the interwebs earlier this week and was surprised that we had well over a dozen recipes for you to pick and dunk from. I tend to get stuck on one or two recipes when I make them and forget about the rest of the little gems.
Like these soft and chewy ginger molasses cookies. They’re a staple this time of year and they smell amazing and taste even better (well if you’re a fan of ginger and molasses that is). If you’re not, this probably isn’t the cookie for you.
Want another option? Try our WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED CHEWY GINGERSNAPS!
HEADS UP: You’ll need to let the dough chill to set up so that you can roll it into balls without it falling apart on you. So plan a little ahead before baking.
MORE INCREDIBLE COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by this cookie recipe, you’ll love these other cookie recipes:
- CANESTRELLI COOKIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED CHEWY GINGERSNAPS
- PIGNOLI COOKIES
- ROCKY ROAD COOKIES
- BRUTTI MA BUONI COOKIES
Don’t forget to check out our handy dandy Holiday Cookie Roundup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- turbinado sugar for rolling
- Beat butter and sugar together with mixer in large bowl until light and creamy. Add molasses and egg; mix until well-combined.
- In medium bowl mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and continue mixing until combined. Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place turbinado sugar in shallow bowl. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll into turbinado sugar and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop
Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
We would love to see them!