Looking for a super delish side dish? Try these roasted rainbow carrots drizzled with a bourbon brown sugar glaze and garnished with roasted pumpkin SEEDS.
I’m a big fan of carrots. Whether or not they’re being dipped in RANCH, braised in WINE , turned into a delish old fashioned carrot CAKE or roasted makes no difference to me. I’m here for them in all their glory. Today we’re going the roasty toasty route. These brilliantly beautiful root vegetables are roasted until tender and then drizzled with a decadent bourbon and brown sugar glaze. For a little extra something something they’re sprinkled with roasted pumpkin seeds because I do love a good textured bite. Hopefully you do too, but just in case it’s not your jam, you can just leave them out.
I recently partnered with That’s Tasty for an Instagram campaign where I created these roasted carrots. They were just too TASTY not to share here on the blog too. I mean look at those colors!
WHAT ARE RAINBOW CARROTS?
Rainbow carrots have similar flavor and texture to the standard orange carrot. They can be used in the same way as you would an orange carrot. Rainbow carrots come in white, yellow, red, magenta, and even purple.
TIP: Save the carrot tops and turn them into a PESTO!
KEY INGREDIENTS FOR ROASTED RAINBOW CARROTS
- Rainbow Carrots
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- Unsalted Butter
- Dark Brown Sugar – don’t have dark brown sugar, no problem just substitute regular brown sugar.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Fresh Thyme
TIP: Make your own ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS!
MORE RECIPES TO TRY
If you like these roasted carrots, then you may want to consider these other side dish recipes:
Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Bourbon Brown Sugar Glaze
Roasted rainbow carrots with bourbon brown sugar glaze.
- 2 bunches rainbow carrots, cleaned, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat or parchment.
- Place carrots on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until fork tender.
- Into a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Carefully add bourbon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate carrots, drizzle glaze over carrots and sprinkle pumpkin seeds and thyme.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAid KC351OHOBA Multi-Purpose Scissors Stainless Steel Kitchen Shears with Blade Cover and Soft Grip Handles, Black
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
We would love to see them!
And make sure you follow bell’alimento on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook, too!