Amaretti Tiramisu. A fun twist on the classic tiramisu dessert.
If you’ve been around my little corner of the web or have known me for more than 5 minutes you know my absolute two hands down favorite things to eat are Spaghetti alla Carbonara and Tiramisu. Hands down. No need for me to even think about it. Those will always be my answers. Always. I get glossy eyes and glaze over just at the thought of them. At this very moment I’m contemplating making Carbonara for lunch.
If I didn’t have to get into this little black dress this weekend I would be all over that. Sigh. I’ve been trying to be better about portions, which isn’t my strong suit. These little jars of individual Tiramisu are the perfect pick me up dessert and help me keep my sweet tooth in a proportionate check. Well mostly.
We’ve put a little twist on this classic and upped the Amaretto ante by using Amaretti cookies instead of lady fingers. Not only do I get more of the AMARETTO flavor I LOVE, the smaller round Amaretti are perfect for the individual jars. So they’re pretty and practical. Tiramisu wouldn’t be Tiramisu without coffee. Nope. Lavazza happens to have a new product out. Those of you who are fans of the single serve Keurig machine are in for a treat.
You can now find your favorite Lavazza coffee in K-Cup form! The Lavazza K-Cup Packs come in your choice of: Perfetto, Gran Aroma, Classico or Gran Selezione.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by this amaretti tiramisu recipe, you’ll love these other dessert recipes:
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Lavazza. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 5 eggs - separated
- 5 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 16 ounces Mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 cup Lavazza Perfetto espresso
- 7 ounces Amaretti cookies
- dark cocoa powder
- Into a large bowl add: egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until eggs are creamy, fluffy and light in color and mixture is smooth and silky to the touch.
- Add mascarpone. Continue mixing until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Into bowl of stand mixer whip egg whites to a stiff peak. Gently fold mascarpone mixture with egg whites. Add Amaretto. Mix to combine. Transfer mixture to a large piping bag.
- Place a bowl nearby with cooled espresso.
- To assemble: Pipe cream mixture 1/4 way up desired jars. Lightly dip 3 Amaretti cookies with espresso. Form a layer onto cream mixture. Pipe additional cream mixture, top with additional espresso dipped Amaretti cookies. Finish with final layer of cream mixture. Continue until all jars are complete.
- Cover jars and transfer to refrigerator.
- Before serving LIGHTLY dust top with cocoa powder.
- NOTE: Number of servings will depend on size of jars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We would love to see them!