Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
Can you believe it’s Thanksgiving this week? I’m in a bit of a tizzy because I’m hosting this year. My first year EVER hosting the entire she-bang. No pressure. Okay, my head is about to explode, but I’m not thinking about it. Instead, I’m focusing on the food and the fat pants that I’m going to need on Friday. I have to admit, the side dishes are my favorite. Yes, I’m going to have turkey, because TURKEY. Honestly, I get more excited about turkey leftovers (turkey pot pie, turkey pizza, turkey sandwiches) but the sides are where it’s at for me.
Stuffing (yes stuffing, not dressing, I like mine in da bird, the way my Momma always made it) and Macaroni and Cheese are my top two. Not just any macaroni and cheese. It has to be BAKED macaroni and cheese. I like the top to get that extra crunch to it and the center to be creamy, dreamy and extra cheesy. Yes I have strong feelings about my macaroni and cheese.
I use a combination of cheeses. You could use the varieties you like. Go ahead, get creative (that’s what I call it when I’m looking into my fridge and using what I have on hand. Yep. Creative.) The one thing I am particular about are my eggs. I use Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
What makes these eggs so eggstraordinary? Let me tell you. “Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs are pasteurized in an all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. The vast majority of eggs sold in grocery stores are NOT pasteurized. Safest Choice™ offers peace of mind when making recipes calling for raw or under cooked eggs, and removes the worry of cross contamination.
Need even more ideas for your Thanksgiving table? Here’s a list of some of our favorite recipes from the archives (including a sweet little DIY table decoration as well), all in one convenient location —> FAVORITE RECIPES FOR YOUR THANKSGIVING TABLE.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs. I am an ambassador for Safest Choice Eggs. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 pound short pasta
- kosher salt
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - grated
- 6 Davidson's Safest Choice® pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring salted water to boil in large pot. Add pasta, reduce heat, and cook until just shy of al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Return pasta to pot and add cheeses. Stir to combine.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, and ground mustard.
- Add butter and pour mixture into pasta. Stir to combine.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes until bubbly and golden on top. Allow to cool slightly prior to serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g