Air Fried Meatballs. 5 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of air frying are all you’ll need to make these magnificent meatballs. Toss them with your favorite sauce and serve them with pasta, over cauliflower rice, over zoodles or how about a meatball sub? There are a plethora of possibilities for these meatballs.
In today’s episode of WILL IT AIR FRY the answer is yes. This one wasn’t a stretch though. I make meatballs a little unconventionally to begin with. 9 times out of 10 I bake them. Yes I bake my meatballs.
For me, baking means there’s less mess and less hands on time. While I do love the crispy crusty bits to the exterior of a meatball that a cast iron skillet will give (you know how much I love a skillet) I will opt for oven. Ehem now the air fryer. Why? The air fryer cuts my cooking time in half. Winning.
Instead of a mixture of meats I opt for ground sausage. Yes, ground Italian sausage.
How to Make Air Fried Meatballs:
Add all ingredients to a large bowl. For meatballs I like mixing with my hands. Once the mixture is combined evenly, use a large cookie scoop to make 11 uniform large meatballs. If you’re opting for an appetizer recipe, use a small cookie scoop.
Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and place the meatballs into the basket of your air fryer. Set at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. While the meatballs are air frying that gives you time to decide how you’re going to enjoy them. While spaghetti and meatballs are the obvious choice we have 10 other options for you as well. Options you know we love them.
10 Ways to Eat Air Fried Meatballs :
Zoodles and Meatballs
Meatballs over Cauliflower Rice
Italian Wedding Soup
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #HeyBellalimento
- 16 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup crushed pork rinds or panko bread crumbs
- Into a large bowl add all ingredients.
- Mix to combine.
- Spray air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a large cookie scoop make 11 meatballs, placing each inside of air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- For smaller meatballs use a small cookie scoop.
- TO BAKE the meatballs in a conventional oven, place meatballs onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Power Air Fryer XL AF-530-5.3 5.3 QT Deluxe, Black
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- OXO Good Grips Large Cookie Scoop
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.