This post is intended for those 21+ years of age. Please enjoy responsibly.
Bourbon and apples pair beautifully to create the base of this how bout dem apples cocktail. It’s a fun little fall sipper for sure.
While pumpkin all the things is in the forefront, I’m over here screaming how bout dem apples y’all. Bourbon and apples are quite the pair (have you tried our SLOW COOKER BOURBON APPLE BUTTER) and work together beautifully in this fun little fall sipper. As the name implies, apples reign supreme in this coupe de lux glass. This drink is not only garnished with a beautiful EDIBLE apple garnish, it also includes apple cider.
Ready to sip on this (as long as you’re over 21 of course)? Grab your cocktail shaker and let’s get to shakin’.
HOW DO YOU MAKE AN APPLE COCKTAIL FAN?
(the following contains affiliate links. I earn from qualifying purchases). An apple fan garnish is an impressive way to add a little flair to your cocktail. You’ll need an APPLE, a SHARP PAIRING KNIFE and a COCKTAIL PICK. Here’s what you need to do:
- Wash apple.
- Stand the apple upright and slice a side of the apple off (creating a cheek). Careful not to cut into the core or seeds.
- Place the cheek flesh side down and carefully slice thin even slices.
- Keeping apple slices together, run a cocktail pick through the flesh of the slices (approximately 1/4 to 1/2 way up slices).
- Gently fan slices and add PICK to glass.
TIP: You can also make “fan” garnishes from pears and peaches.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS COCKTAIL?
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this cocktail at home (the following contains affiliate links. I earn from qualifying purchases).
- apple cider
- fresh lemon juice
- cinnamon simple syrup
- black walnut bitters – If you’re not familiar with walnut bitters, they are usually made from hulls of black walnuts. They add a nutty, rustic flavor to cocktails.
EXTRA EXTRA – You’ll need a COCKTAIL SHAKER to shake up this concoction.
WHAT GLASS DO YOU SERVE THIS COCKTAIL IN?
I like to serve mine in a COUPE GLASS but a martini glass would also be lovely.
MORE DELICIOUS DRINKS TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by this cocktail recipe, you’ll love these other drink recipes:
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 1/2 ounces apple cider
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 3 dashes walnut bitters
- apple slices
- Into a cocktail shaker filled half way with ice add: bourbon, apple cider, lemon juice, cinnamon simple syrup and bitters.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into a couple glass.
- Garnish with apple fan.
We would love to see them!